Fancy A Day’s Coaching?
I am a fully qualified and licensed Level 2 Angling Coach and offer fun and friendly coaching sessions for anglers of all ages and abilities!
- Lake, canal or river
- Pole fishing
- Whip fishing
- Waggler fishing
- Feeder/Method Feeder fishing
- Shallow fishing
- Paste fishing
- Margin fishing
- General commercial carp fishing
- F1 fishing
- Bream fishing
- Silverfish fishing
- Match or pleasure fishing
- All bait supplied
- Tackle can be supplied if necessary
- Beginners, intermediate and advanced anglers are all welcome!
- Accompanied children are also welcome (I am DBS checked!)
- Professional photography service also included!
- Coaching gift vouchers available upon request
- Licensed Angling Coach (Angling Trust certified)
- Level 1 Award In Coaching Angling (1st4Sport)
- Level 2 Award In Coaching Angling (1st4Sport)
- Essential First Aid (St John Ambulance)
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children (UK Coaching)
- DBS checked (Child Workforce Angling Coach)
A lot of anglers claim to be coaches who are not trained or qualified. I am a fully qualified and licensed Level 2 Angling Coach, DBS checked and insured. I pride myself in offering a tailored coaching experience to suit YOUR needs, regardless of your age or ability. Complete novices are just as welcome as experienced anglers!
- A midweek coaching session with Jon is typically £200 a day for one person*
- An additional angler is just £50 extra
- Weekends and Bank Holidays are an extra £50
- Day tickets included
- Bait included (but feel free to bring your own too!)
- Tackle can also be supplied if necessary
- Session times are typically 9am to 4pm (Times can be flexible and sessions typically run much later with ‘one-more-casts’!)
- A full money-back guarantee if you do not catch a fish!
*For venues up to 50 miles from Bicester, Oxfordshire. Further distances will incur an increase to cover fuel.
- We can tackle any venue of your choice, subject to availability!
- Canals, lakes and rivers are all catered for
Preferred commercial fisheries include:
- Tunnel Barn Farm
- Makins Fishery
- Packington Somers
- Bishops Bowl
- Barston Lakes
- Oakfield Fishery
- Woodland View
- Manor Farm Leisure
- Boddington Reservoir
Preferred natural fisheries include:
- River Avon
- River Thames
- Oxford Canal
- Grand Union Canal
- Birmingham-Fazeley Canal
- Coventry Canal
- Kennet & Avon Canal
- Staffs-Worcester Canal
- Shropshire Union Canal
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Suitable fishing clothing and/or waterproofs
- Food and drink
- A seatbox or chair (This can be supplied if necessary)
- Favourite baits (All bait can be supplied if necessary)
- Your fishing tackle (All tackle can be supplied if necessary)
- A valid EA rod licence
- A smile 🙂
The whole day from start to finish was brilliant. Talking through swims, rigs, setup, shotting, hooks, how and when to feed. The fishing was a bonus and the icing on the cake was unbelievable photos don’t lie. What a venue. The photo with the fish accounted for about 1/3 of the days catch! – Gordon Hitchen
Great days fishing with top coach and all round good guy Jonny ‘end peg’ Arthur! I Picked up loads of tips and tweaks and had a thoroughly good day – despite the massive heatwave we still caught a few. HIGHLY recommended after all the money we all splash on tackle this is a bargain.
PS. A word of warning, you will have to tell Jon when it’s time to go home as he’s like that mate we all have that wants to stay until that last big fish lol! – Tony Staniforth
Thanks for a fantastic day Jon. Thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt plenty!
I’d recommend Jon to anyone, no matter your fishing ability! – Aaron Cook
Thanks for a great day out, we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to putting some of the tips into practice! – Andy & Austin Jennings
Fantastic day Jon. Left about 6.30pm and still a fish a chuck. Thanks for a brilliant day I learnt so much. Already looking forward to doing it again later on in the year. – Danny Lamb