Book An Unforgettable Day’s Fishing With Jon!
I am a fully licensed Level 2 Angling Coach and offer fun and friendly coaching sessions and fishing days for all ages and abilities!
- Lake, canal or river
- Pole, waggler or feeder
- Shallow fishing
- Paste fishing
- Margin fishing
- General commercial carp fishing
- F1 fishing
- Bream fishing
- Silverfish fishing
- Match, club or pleasure anglers
- Beginners, intermediate and advanced anglers are all welcome!
- Accompanied children are also welcome (I am DBS checked!)
- All bait supplied
- All tackle can be supplied if necessary
- Professional photography service also included!
- Licensed Angling Coach (Angling Trust certified)
- Level 1 Award In Coaching Angling (1st4Sport)
- Level 2 Award In Coaching Angling (1st4Sport)
- Essential First Aid (St John Ambulance)
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children (UK Coaching)
- DBS checked (Child Workforce Angling Coach)
A lot of anglers claim to be coaches who are not trained or qualified. I am a fully qualified and licensed Level 2 Angling Coach, DBS checked and insured. I pride myself in offering a tailored coaching experience to suit YOUR needs, regardless of your age or ability. Complete novices are just as welcome as experienced anglers!
- A midweek coaching session with Jon is typically £200 a day for one person*
- An additional angler is just £50 extra
- Weekends and Bank Holidays are an extra £50
- Winter Rates: Sessions held in December, January and February are £25 less than the stated price.
- Day tickets included
- Bait included (but feel free to bring your own too!)
- Tackle can also be supplied if necessary
- Session times are typically 9am to 4pm (Times can be flexible and sessions typically run much later with ‘one-more-casts’!)
*For venues up to 50 miles from Bicester, Oxfordshire. Further distances will incur an increase to cover fuel.
- Any venue of your choice, subject to availability!
- Canals, lakes and rivers are all catered for
Preferred commercial fisheries include:
- Tunnel Barn Farm
- Makins Fishery
- Packington Somers
- Bishops Bowl
- Barston Lakes
- Rolf’s Lake
- Alders Farm
- The Glebe/Mallory Park
- Oakfield Fishery
- Manor Farm Leisure
- Boddington Reservoir
- Ivy House Lakes
- Dog Lane Fishery
- Snitterfield Reservoir
- Alvechurch Fishery
Preferred natural fisheries include:
- River Avon
- River Thames
- Oxford Canal
- Grand Union Canal
- Birmingham-Fazeley Canal
- Coventry Canal
- Kennet & Avon Canal
- Staffs-Worcester Canal
- Shropshire Union Canal
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Suitable fishing clothing and/or waterproofs
- Food and drink
- Your fishing tackle (All tackle can be supplied if necessary)
- A valid EA rod licence
- A smile 🙂
I had a brilliant day and I know it will definitely put more fish in my net. Jon’s a fantastic coach and would improve anyone’s angling ability. Highly recommended. – Andy Kirtley
It really is a great alternative to pants and smellies for your birthday treat! A great day and learnt a lot from a top guy. No secrets and great to learn new skills at my age. Highly recommended! – Dave Roberts
The whole day from start to finish was brilliant. Talking through swims, rigs, setup, shotting, hooks, how and when to feed. The fishing was a bonus and the icing on the cake was unbelievable photos don’t lie. What a venue. The photo with the fish accounted for about 1/3 of the days catch! – Gordon Hitchen
Had a fantastic day. Learnt so much and had a great laugh doing it. – Chris Maddox
Thanks for a fantastic day Jon. Thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt plenty! I’d recommend Jon to anyone, no matter your fishing ability! – Aaron Cook
Harry had the best day and so did his dad. Photos are fab! Perfect birthday present. Highly recommend and Harry took on board what you showed him and came 3rd in a club match on Sunday! – Julie Franklin
Thanks for a great day out, we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to putting some of the tips into practice! – Andy & Austin Jennings
Fantastic day Jon. Left about 6.30pm and still a fish a chuck. Thanks for a brilliant day I learnt so much. Already looking forward to doing it again later on in the year. – Danny Lamb
Great days fishing with top coach and all round good guy Jonny ‘end peg’ Arthur! I Picked up loads of tips and tweaks and had a thoroughly good day – despite the massive heatwave we still caught a few. HIGHLY recommended after all the money we all splash on tackle this is a bargain.
PS. A word of warning, you will have to tell Jon when it’s time to go home as he’s like that mate we all have that wants to stay until that last big fish lol! – Tony Staniforth